My first wedding with added camera shake for good measure.

So my friend Danny above noticed I enjoy taking photos of landscapes, insects, fallen leaves in Autumn and myself. So he thought it would be a good idea to ask me to photograph his wedding.

The event was over a year away, so full of confidence I agreed. As the day approached, I did my research, I went to visit Halifax Registry office, looked at the best places to take shots. At this time I had a Nikon D3200( this is an entry level dslr). Good for most circumstances but not all. I researched poses and all the important shots to take. In reality there wasn't much pressure as Danny said if I didn't agree to shoot his wedding, then it would have all been captured on camera phones.


But as the day arrived, I was suddenly filled with dread and uncertainty. What made things worse was the forecast was for heavy showers. I remember stood outside the registry office and being on the verge of making a run for it. But there was no escape as I then saw the wedding car coming down the road and I had been spotted.

I had no choice, I had to turn on my camera and start shooting. The thought and worry is normally worse than the event. The weather was fine, everyone was accommodating and my camera behaved.
When I got home to edit them and uploaded them to lightroom, I only realised then, that they were either under exposed or blurry due to camera shake (I was very nervous) or if I was really lucky both.
I had to do some photo editing trickery to make these presentable, according to my standards that is. So having delivered these wedding photos of my 2 friends, I was worried about the reaction, but the next time I went to visit them at there home. There they were, the photos I'd taken, in a lovely little album and in picture frames all around the house. An immense proud feeling filled me and on that day 2 things happened. First, Danny and Katie were still my friend and are still lovely people and great friends to this day and second .....j-foto was born.

Comments